i don't have to tell you all the things that went wrong in 2016, but i do think it's worth considering that not everything was an exploding septic tank in the world. here are a few examples:
1. giant pandas, sea turtles and humpback whales all came off the endangered list.
2. viola desmond, a civil rights activist and basically the rosa parks of canada, was announced as the new face of our $10 bill.
3. the hole in the ozone layer has shrunk to the point where it could conceivably repair itself by 2050.
4. tiny kittens had their busiest and most kitty-savingest year ever, dispelling some longstanding myths about feral cats, especially about their ability to adapt to domestic life.
5. a vaccine for ebola was developed.
7. there is a ceasefire in aleppo, however tenuous it may be.
6. jobama memes. no, it doesn't make up for the election results, and it really just underlines what the world is losing, but damn they felt good.
stay strong and stay safe and see you next year!