30 July 2013

life is balance

being a libra, i have an inborn sense that things in the world should be balanced. now, that doesn't seem to be true for me on a macro level, in that my years of not killing people who annoy me has yet to be rewarded with me being given trillions of dollars and being made ruler of the universe- which only seems fair- but it does seem to be true for little things.

for instance, last night, dom and i were sitting in bed when the following conversation [sort of] happened:

dom :: stop doing that, it's creepy.

me :: what?

dom :: i mean it, cut it out!

me :: i don't know what i'm doing!

dom :: stop making that face!

me :: i'm not making a face.

cue several minutes of awkwardness while i try to figure out how to make my face not creepy, which essentially involved scrunching over on my side and looking at the wall until i didn't feel awkward anymore [because everyone looks creepy when they feel awkward].

in point of fact, i think i had been trying to look sort of sensual in the hopes that he'd notice and reward me with a spoonful of the hagen dazs he was eating. criticism accepted, dom.

but in the interests of universal balance, today saw this blog surpass it's record for number of views in one day- a record that was set just a little earlier this month. in fact, it blew that record out of the freakin' water! yeah, this month has been epic and today was sort of epic epic, so i just want to take the opportunity [again] to thank all of you for supporting this blog just by stopping by.

so there's balance for you. my sexy face is apparently the stuff of nightmares, but lots of people like hearing from me when i'm at a safe distance. seems about right.

i'll see YOU later! [when you're sleeping and vulnerable]
fyi, that is not actually a picture of my sexy face, but an image of an actual ad, which i found on the wonderful photoshop disasters.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...