29 January 2013

the migraine that ate my brain

update! actual conversation that happened today ::

my boss : are you ok?
me : yes.
my boss :  what's that with your face?
me : i think i was trying to smile at you.

also, if you're functioning at below optimal, be careful not to get distracted by conversations that might be happening around you, or you'll end up sending an email that says

"these images are really just to help you peeing the bed"

in case it wasn't clear, that part in italics wasn't supposed to be in the email. i don't advise people on how to pee the bed for a living. although in my state, maybe that's what i should be doing.

*

yesterday, i had a migraine, which is always a weird experience for me, in that it can be almost any unpleasant sensation you can imagine. yesterday's was particularly painful, which mine generally aren't [hate me, it's ok] and has left me with what feels like a seasickness and an epic case of the stupids.

a couple of examples:

meant to say :: haha! my hubby sent me a picture of himself wearing a face mask. it's so cute that we're both conscious about our skin.

said :: my husband is at home giving himself a facial.

clearly, there is a meaning to that second one that i didn't intend. and, for what it's worth, no one wants to be the one who asks which meaning you were going for. in fact, no one wants anything to do with you if they think you might have been trying to start a conversation about someone getting spooge on their face.

meant to say :: i have coloured my hair, which is now black, having been light blonde the last time you saw me.

said :: you wouldn't recognise me- i'm black now.

and it doesn't help when you try to clarify by saying "i mean i went black over the weekend".

i'd also like to point out that i've had to rewrite this incredibly short post several times because my spelling, grammar and logic are not working today.

also, this makes me laugh way too much:




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...