18 August 2012

fountain of you


There is no ‘I’ in your world
Star centre of the universe
Holding others in orbit around you
Transfixed and inclined towards your glow.

Rogue comet, me.
Ashy piece of space shrapnel
On my own course
And unable to resist your lure,
Bright sky angel

Crooked monkey men crouch down
Paint a simian mask
On your brilliant image
Adore you and worship you
As a god
A father
A familiar
Wishing themselves in you
Not I.
I spin through and out
Momentary celestial distraction
You do not see,
Rock-dead inside out
I could never impose my image
On your countenance
But would draw you slowly
Into me
Fill myself with your fire
Take everything from you
That is you
Snuff you out
Incinerate myself
And disperse that starry magic
A little for everyone who can see
Who can raise their ugly hulks
And grasp at it.

2 comments:

Dennis Rosselson said...

awesome.

Kate MacDonald said...

Thanks very much, Dennis!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...