01 April 2012

and that's why spam is worthy, folks

this is a sort of mostly accurate record of a conversation between dom and me. more or less.


me: i just got an email from "canadian pharmacy"


dom: which one? 


me: i think it's spam. the subject is "poetry society funding withheld"


dom: by the pharmacy?


me: it's kind of clever, because "canadian pharmacy" would be enough to make me think it was a message from some makeup thing i signed up for. and the "poetry society" thing might make me think it was something i actually cared about. it just doesn't work together. 


dom: what are they trying to sell you? 


me: it says "Your girl exposes – you get super-strong male device! Super offer of super male helpers! Get 70 off for glorious blue pillules for delicate needs." do you have any delicate needs?


dom: no. who's exposing what? 


me: some sort of device. at 70 off. that has to be a great deal. damn, they don't have pictures. sounds sexy.


dom: i don't want the male helpers, though. that would be awkward.


me: maybe those are the poets. maybe they need the work. because they got fired by the pharmacy.


dom: do you actually get any real mail? 


me: this isn't real?


you see, you may think that spam is annoying and irritating and probably most of it is. but occasionally you do get these little conversational gems that are worth scraping through your filter to find. of course, it's also possible that you have conversations about things like your children, your plans for the day/ week/ weekend or other things that normal people talk about. i can accept that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...