16 January 2012

way better than a golden globe

what was the high point of my day? finding out from the lovely and talented beautyfully inspired that i'd won my first award, the versatile blogger award. behold:




for my personal awards ceremony [which consists of me strutting around my place in sock feet], i have chosen to wear an all-black two-piece ensemble of a cotton top in need of hem repair with low v-neck and faux wraparound-style detail from some shop on queen street west in toronto and a pair of knee-length faux-riding pants that i'm never quite sure about from h & m. i've paired this with opaque tights without runs or holes in the toes.

posing for the paparazzi. which would be me.
for the hair, i've gone for an ultra-trendy "napped-in" look held in place by my ears. my makeup is by mac, benefit, inglot and rouge bunny rouge and for my nails, i am sporting an edgy worn-tips look with butter london's "marrow".

i would, of course like to thank my nominator and to all my readers, who really cheer me with their comments and even with their silent presence. and i'd like to thank dom, who dutifully reads all my posts and tries to point out the spelling mistakes i miss before they have the chance to really embarrass me and i'd like to dedicate the award to all of my feline children- arthur, seth, julia, simon and hecubus- who are consistently a source of happiness, entertainment and inspiration for me, as well as being one of the most popular parts of this blog.

i could not do this without you.

now, there are rules that come with this award. here they are:

1. thank the person who nominated you and give them a shout out on your blog with a link to their blog.

2. share 7 random facts about yourself.

3. send on the award to 10 other bloggers whose blogs you truly appreciate and let them know that they have won the award!

so here are seven random facts about me, to go along with all of the other occasionally disturbing tidbits i've shared over the years.

- my handwriting is so ridiculously tiny that i can't use a lot of standard pens- they don't have a precise enough tip. an ex of mine once showed my writing to a friend of his who worked as a psychiatric nurse. his diagnosis was "that's not normal". head of the class, einstein.

- i have a statue of the indian goddess kali on my desk at home and i've been using the moniker "dj kali" for almost twenty years, despite the fact that i've played very different styles of music over that span of time.

- despite the fact that i have a lot of problems with back, neck and shoulder pain, i'm extremely flexible. most massage therapists and physiotherapists are quite surprised by this.

- i have never had a cavity, but they sound awful.

- i can type legibly, although not quickly, with my elbows.

- streetlights have a tendency to go out around me. many people, including skeptics, have verified this.

- i have always been quite proud of being short. this makes it extremely easy for me to tell when people are claiming to be taller than they actually are.

1 comment:

Biba said...

Well, then you are very lucky not to have cavity. LOL.

You know what's another good fact about being short - you look so much younger :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...