09 April 2010

the lively arts

poetry is one of those forms that a lot of people find difficult to evaluate. the difference between william carlos williams and the kid in your grade one class who used to eat his paste can be a very fine one indeed.

people who take poetry seriously and who want to hone their poet's skills have found a new home on the internet, though. there are a plethora of sites where they can receive feedback, constructive criticism and encouragement from their peers. what a relief for those of us who grew up thinking that the poetry gene was inextricably linked to the dying alone and miserable gene.

below, i've excerpted some of the feedback on various poems from one such site, so any of you interested in participating in this sort of forum can see what you're in for. i have removed any names that were given and any reference to the specific site, as i don't want to make it seem like i am targeting one particular forum. no other edits have been made, it's just copy and paste.


THE EPITOMY OF WHAT POETRY SHOULD BE, (STANDING OVATION) ANYONE ONE SAYS ELSEWISE IS ENVIOUS IS ALL.. BRAVO MY DARLING

this reminds me of all my writing i keep in two big rubbermaid totes, and i always said if I die ill let everyone see them

Great poem. I especially like all of it. Bravo!

yr pom suks

WHat the fuck, u fuckin idiot, go shoot yourself u fucking useless piece of motherfucking cocksucking shit. u can burn in fucking hell and have even more pain than u do . trust me, fuck you

yeah I was just stating what it was from. The rest of you are the hight of douchebaggery

what a fag who writes GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this fuckin sux and you kno dont b mean to that 12 yerold cause u have no dick cus satan bit it off

ur head is broken, mind rapist.

ur weirdly retarded, if you want my take on it honey bunz.

1 comment:

Martin Rouge said...

Yes, I really want my literary work evaluated by the Tea Party, er... I meant the general public... actually, fuck that; I'll show it to a few friends, and otherwise, it'll remain completely in the dark, till I die, and then if they survived my existence, maybe someone will get to give their peanut gallery opinion.

It is my genial opinion, that the worthwhile poet is rare, far in between, and sadly for those who fear stereotypes, definitely drunk or stone off his ass. Or hers. I'm not picky.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...