14 November 2008

the never-ending story

ring ring

hello?

hello, may i speak to kathleen macdonald?

yes, this is she.

ms. macdonald, i am calling from bell canada regarding your past due account.

this is not the number you should be calling, my friend.

really?

look carefully at your screen. do you see a note on there that i am waiting on a credit from you, in order to clear the balance of my current account?

oh, yes, i see that you are supposed to be getting a credit, but it doesn't tell me when.

can you see what my billing cycle is?

oh, yes, it says you'll be getting your final bill on november 14th.

you mean today.

yes

so why are you calling me if you can see that there's an issue with the account that's pending and that i've already spent nearly four hours on the phone with you getting it resolved? i was told that i wouldn't be getting any more phone calls.

well it's an automatic dialer.

why hasn't my number been removed from the automatic dialer?

i guess the last person you talked to didn't do that.

the last person i talked to told me that the person before him was supposed to have done it.

i don't know why he didn't remove your name, ma'am.

[continue dialogue along these lines until a promise that my name is being removed at that very moment is extracted.]

congratulations adam from bell. (and i can only assume that you're prohibited from giving out last names because of the inevitable crank calls to your homes.) you are one more idiot in my rogue's gallery.

4 comments:

Kiefer and Emo said...

I spent 5 months with free electricity once because the meter was broken. They never asked for that money and every month my bill said 73 cents franchise fee. I live for those moments.

So do I.

Zero said...

Phone companies are so dehumanizing.

I did see you under my bed when I was eight!

Aaron Fenwick said...

This is looking like corporate incompetence of truly biblical proportions... I do feel a little sorry for the next poor sap who will inevitably call... (Insert walking into the Lion's den style metaphor)

flora_mundi said...

you are right to fear for him, aaron. i've reached the point where i'm actually looking forward to the next assault on my privacy... who knows what horrors lurk...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...