12 April 2008

old lady

old lady

as i've mentioned in the past, both on the blog and in personal conversations, i'm having to adjust to the fact that i'm a woman in my mid-thirties. i still think and act much the same way i always did, because even if i wanted to change my hardwiring, i don't think i'm capable. so personally, given the fact that i'm fortunate enough to be in good health, i don't feel the difference. what i do notice, perhaps because so many of my close friends seem to be men, is that other people are aware of me being, as one person put it (half-jokingly, i hope) "past my prime".

however, in the last little while, i've been reminded that there are at least a few things that I really like about being this age.

1. i'm not getting hit on. pick-up artists are far more interested in the young and fresh.

2. i'm not strange or irritating. i'm eccentric.

3. people listen when i talk.

4. flirting is fun again. there's a certain delight to be taken in simply bantering and sending little body language cues when you know it's not really going anywhere. there's no pressure.

5. my bullshit detector is in the best working order it's ever been.

i'm sure i'll think of more, but there's a few to start with.

1 comment:

Aaron Fenwick said...

Ok... Does this mean I should be hitting on you more or less? :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...