05 September 2006

i feel like crap

... and i can't think of a more creative or clever way to express that.

i came down with a case of the flu over the weekend (because nothing says "holiday weekend" like a good flu) and am still laid low. i made a rather foolish attempt to work today, which was probably amusing for some of my coworkers as they watched me wobble around like a drunkard because i was weak, in pain and hadn't eaten a proper meal in a couple of days.

this is a particularly interesting flu, as well, because it didn't come with congestion, with nausea, or with any of the symtpoms one would normally associate with a flu. the main hallmark of this flu is that EVERYTHING HURTS. i feel like i was doing a workout for about a day and a half. muscles i hadn't met before are screaming at me. my head hurts, my neck and back, my legs... my skin hurts, which meant that i spent the part of the day desperately dodging any type of physical contact with anything. (ever seen someone trying to avoid their own shirt before?)

thankfully, bailing out of work only and concentrating on some serious assal horizontology (thanks, dr. nick) seems to have brought me back to life a little.

and i have my new friends magnus and mr. chow (souvenirs from an otherwise disappointing visit to the festival of fear) to help keep my spirits up.

1 comment:

DJ Tobias said...

oh - I HATE the overly sensitive skin flu thing. I get it all the time just before I get sick.

It's the worst feeling ever, even the air hurts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...