24 March 2006

south of the border(s)


so i'm spending the next week in mexico. not a bad deal in theory, especially since i'm not paying for it, but lady luck does not smile on me that way. i'm going for work.

i have to spend the next week at a conference, which will involve me doing a lot of speaking i don't want to do to people who don't want to hear me. it doesn't help that the people i'm travelling with, at least the ones i know, would sooner pick up a venereal disease than a book. it also doesn't help that sitting on the beach and unwinding is something i've never acquired a talent for. i give myself three days before i'm climbing the walls.

i know, there are worse places they could send me (and worse places they have sent me), than mexico, but what i desperately need right now is to get away from the people who i'm being forced to spend the next week with. h, it's a maritime thing, i'm a born complainer. i'm hoping i can just cosy up to a magarita and forget about the trials of life.

who knows? maybe the creativity that my job has been sapping from me will return and i can work on something new rather than just editing what i have. stranger things have happened.

1 comment:

qed said...

At the very least you can enjoy some excellent food. Anyway, maybe the opportunity will come up to sell your co-workers for black-market body parts - surely that would perk you up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...