25 January 2006

raise a glass


it's robbie burns day. the day to remember scotland's (questionably) great bard and honour his legacy with a meal of haggis and a wee dram of scotch.

once you've had your dinner (and, more importantly, your scotch), read this out loud, phoenetically (excerpted from the man's "address to a haggis". he was talking to the food, so it stands to reason he was wasted. so honour him well.):


Ye Pow'rs, wha mak mankind your care,
And dish them out their bill o fare,
Auld Scotland wants nae skinking ware
That jaups in luggies:
But, if ye wish her gratefu prayer,
Gie her a Haggis!

1 comment:

hotboy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your interests: Writing and anarchism. Up my street. Check out my web page (www.geocities.com/madyamika2000/index.html.
The book Bomber was very influenced by anarchist stuff I'd read. I sent a copy once to Stuart Christie, the well known Scottish anarchist who did time for trying to blow up Franco. Pity Burn's language changed so much. I'm Scottish. Some of the words are lost to me. Hotboy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...