21 August 2005

nice weather we're having...


i was out in the pouring rain and tornado conditions the other day, wandering around the parking lot of a mall (not my favourite activity or location, even when the weather isn't crazy, but i had to pick up a gift to bring to a bridal shower the next day), trying desperately to find albert, my car. i'm tramping around, soaked to the skin and feeling the leather on one of my favourite pairs of boots get completely saturated and then, literally, i see my life flash before my eyes. i say literally, because a prong of lightning hit about three feet in front of my nose. standing in water up to your ankles is just not a good plan of action when there's a storm.

it was quite a storm, too. at three-thirty in the afternoon, it was as dark as it normally is at night, which is disconcerting.

i got soaked, i had water pooling under me once i managed to get into the car and two days later, my clothes are still not entirely dry.

so this is what i would have looked like if i'd been rescued after the sinking of the titanic.

1 comment:

Maximum Overlord said...

Wow. Are you SURE you were on the set of that Cameron disaster? And I do mean disaster in the most litteral way... :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...